Elk Run Jazz Festival
Elk Run Summer Jazz Festival June 24 & 25 12-6pm
Wonder through rows of lush vineyard on a hayride overlooking the skyline of Frederick
with a chilled glass of Elk Run Wine as the dew drops glisten on the vine.
Enjoy a perfect afternoon of wine tasting, while enjoying the sounds of fine local Jazz, artisans and delightful picnic foods
For Tickets https://www.eventbrite.com/o/elk-run-vineyards-13131328336
Saturday June 24th
- Josh Bayer www.jushuabayer.com Josh is a Musician in Residence in the Department of Performing Arts at American University. In addition to offering individual lessons, Josh is the director of the American University Jazz Orchestra, a student and faculty big band ensemble which performs three or four times a year.
- Jack Gussio Quartet
- Slick Hampton www.slickhampton.com A Group all about Juxtaposition…. mixing unlikely styles and genres, just playing what they think sounds good and hoping people get it and they do.
- Buddy Oliver – Basses, Vocals
- John O’Connor – Guitars
- Jay Wilson – Drums
- Dave Sames – Saxes, Flute
Sunday June 25th
- Jan Knutson www.janknutson.com Jan is 18 years old and has been playing the guitar since 2009. He has studied with Rodney Jones, Steve Abshire, Paul Wingo, Shawn Purcell, Frank Vignola, Frank Latino, and Heather McKay in addition to online lessons with Martin Taylor. In April, 2015 Jan was selected as one of six 2016 Artists in Residence for the Strathmore Music Center in Rockville, MD.
- Full Circle Classic rock and blues band Butch Fredley – Guitarist
- Vocalist Butch Fredley – Guitarist and Vocalist
- Andy Hughes – Lead Guitar player and budding vocalist
- Joe Harry – Bassist and Vocalist
- Brian McNany – Drummer and Vocalist
- Darryl Quartet – Darryl Brenzel is a saxophonist, composer, arranger and educator residing and working Darryl Brenzel is a saxophonist, composer, arranger, and educator working in the greater Baltimore/DC region. He is currently adjunct professor of saxophone and jazz arranging at Towson University and professor of saxophone at Gettysburg College. He performs with his own trio and quartet, in the Grammy winning Afro-Bop Alliance Big Band, and works as a free-lance artist. He is a three-time recipient of The Maryland State Arts Council Individual Artist Award for music composition (2) and solo instrumental performance (1).
- Scott Barrett